Monday, January 4, 2010

Becoming part of the "Parent Club"

Now that the holidays have wrapped up and the Christmas lights are down, Rod and I can focus on the next big adventure, having a baby! Yesterday we went to Babies R Us, and just looked ...and looked, and looked! Good grief! We have been to Babies R Us about a million times in the past, but normally on the hunt for some hidden registry item that probably hasn't been on the shelves in 2 months! This time, it was different. We found ourselves comparing the weight of stroller units! We started making a list (that is how we start any project) of all the things we may need. We decided to only include items needed in the 1st 6 months so we don't overwhelm ourselves. At one point while we were "looking" Rod said to me, "I guess we're in the 'Parent Club' now."

Final thoughts: How can something so small need soooo much stuff??

2 comments:

  1. You may think they need a lot, but that's marketing. If you're planning on nursing Stuart little, you won't need as much as you think you're going to need...Major things to be sure you have: car seat/stroller (no duh), baby carrier like a Bjorn (baby wearing is a MUST), onesies (you're due in July, your little will NOT be cold and you don't want him/her to be too warm with extra blankets and such), and of course diapers (I had a diaper requirement and raffle at my baby shower which got me through the first 3 months before I had to buy a single diaper). The diaper genie is good, but not a must. The wipe warmer is a waste. If you plan on bedsharing (I heard that might not be too good anymore) I would recommend a cosleeper as the closest to bedsharing. If I think of more, I'll let you know :) Enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the parent club!! When are you due? It is amazing how much crap you need for something for so tiny! One thing to do without- receiving blankets. They are too tiny to do much good beyond the first few weeks. I ended up sewing eight of them together to get a decent sized blanket to swaddle Jordan. Also go without the wipe warmer...so silly!

    ReplyDelete